The warm season sets in early in Florida. Some might even say it never actually leaves, it only has a few cool and rainy interruptions. And when it warms up here in Pensacola, it can get blisteringly hot and humid.
Is your air conditioner ready for the coming heat? You shouldn’t have to worry, because right now is the best time to have professionals perform a full maintenance inspection and tune-up on your AC to prepare it for the worst heat the middle of the year may bring down on us. We have the skilled HVAC professionals who can do the job for you.
Yes, you should schedule AC maintenance annually
Is air conditioning maintenance mandatory? Well, not exactly. But neither are regular dentists’ appointments and car tune-ups. But all are highly recommended. In fact, your air conditioner’s manufacturer warranty may be voided unless it receives annual maintenance. It’s in your best interests to always have the air conditioner maintained in time for the hottest weather of the year.
And as an aside: only licensed professionals can perform full and effective AC maintenance. The job requires experts and specialized tools.
How AC maintenance benefits you
We’ve talked about this before on our blog, but it’s important to remind our readers and potential customers about how air conditioning maintenance pays a homeowner back year after year—aside from just keeping the warranty current.
- You save energy: A well-maintained AC uses less power to run. Even a slightly dirty and dusty air conditioner will deal with friction on its moving parts that make it drain more electrical power. There are many ways maintenance reduces the strain on a cooling system to keep it energy efficient.
- Lower repair costs: You’ll run into fewer repair problems thanks to maintenance, which will catch troubles early and help to prevent others. In fact, 85% of repairs an AC may need over its lifetime can be eliminated with routine maintenance. That adds up to big savings.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: An air conditioning system is more environmentally friendly if it runs at optimum efficiency—and maintenance helps it do that.
- Increase system lifespan: If an AC doesn’t have regular maintenance, it may last around 8 years. But with annual maintenance, it can last for 15 years or more. Maintenance protects your original investment in the system.
- Reliability: An air conditioner that crashes on you during a hot day isn’t much good. You certainly don’t want to be fretting that something like this may happen and leave you scrambling for repairs. But an AC tuned-up before summer has the best chance of getting through the season with few problems.
It’s easy to have great air conditioning service in Pensacola, FL with the Lee Cool Club. Our maintenance program has additional benefits for membership: 10% off repairs, the regular rate for after-hour service calls, priority scheduling, and 24-hour service guaranteed. Call us today to find out more and sign up to get started on AC maintenance.
Lee Heating & Cooling serves Pensacola, FL with excellent air conditioning maintenance, repair, and installation.