Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
Ductless Air Conditioning Pensacola, FL
The conventional central air conditioning for a home is a split system with a set of outdoor and indoor cabinets. The indoor cabinet contains an air handler that sends the cooled air out into a ventilation system of ducts that lead to vents into the rooms. Although this is still the most common way to centrally cool down a home, it is no longer the only way. Ductless air conditioners are rising in popularity in the U.S. as an alternative.
Ductless ACs (also known as ductless mini splits) are a good choice if you are currently considering new home construction, add-on rooms, or remodeling. They also work well for older homes that don’t have any space for ducts. Lee Heating & Cooling provides comprehensive service for ductless mini splits in Pensacola so if you want to know more about installing one or you wish to arrange for service for one you already have, just give us a call.
The HVAC professionals at Lee Heating & Cooling offer installation and other services for ductless air conditioning as well as the following AC systems types in Pensacola, FL and the surrounding areas:
Other Pensacola Air Conditioning Services:
How a Ductless Mini Split Works
As the name implies, a ductless mini split doesn’t use the standard split of an indoor and outdoor cabinet. There is still a single outdoor condenser cabinet, but it connects through refrigerant and power lines to a series of smaller air handlers located around the house. These air handlers are mounted on the walls and contain a refrigerant coil and blower fan. Each air handler can be operated independent of the others to send cooled air straight into the room. The process does not involve ducts at any point.
Reasons to Consider a Ductless Air Conditioner
There are a number of reasons that you might want to have a ductless mini split installed in your house. Here are a few of them:
- Heating and cooling:
- Most ductless mini splits are types of heat pumps, so in addition to receiving great cooling power, you can also have heating as well.
- Zone control:
- Because each air handler can be set separately, you only need to cool down the rooms that require it at any given time. This is helpful when it comes to saving energy, and it also makes a ductless mini split ideal for an add–on room that’s independent of the rest of the home’s HVAC system.
- High energy efficiency:
- Ductless air conditioners have a high level of energy efficiency and generally cost less to run than ACs that have ducts. This is because the air handlers use smaller mechanical parts that draw less power, and the system doesn’t gain additional heat through the walls of ducts.
- Improved indoor air quality:
- One of the serious problems that ducts can present for a home is that they collect dust and debris, which then gets blown out into the living spaces whenever the air conditioner turns on. Without ducts, your home will enjoy cleaner air.
- Construction flexibility:
- If you’re planning to build a new home or do a major remodeling job on your current one, removing the space reserved for ducts gives you many more options.
We Offer Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning Solutions
Lee Heating & Cooling installs ductless mini split heat pumps in Pensacola, FL and also offers the repair and maintenance service they require. If you want to know more about ductless air conditioning and if it’s a good choice for your home, call us today.